Friday, September 5, 2008

Good bye my lover

I ask myself who is this angel
Who stole my heart with such ease?
With her careless laughter,
Began this unstoppable happiness

I ask myself who is this angel
Who etched her name eternally?
In my dreams and in every moment
Began this unrequited love

I ask myself who is this angel
With child like innocence
Swept me off my feet
Began this unclouded affection

I ask myself who is this angel
With her graceful smile
Made me realize life is beautiful
Began this unforgettable joy

I ask myself who is this angel
Crooning on a fantasy island
Made me yearn and yearn
Began this unconfined pleasure

This angel, said my heart, is your lover.
My heart beats faster and faster
Makes me wonder is this a dream?
My fears come alive

My spirit trapped in time
My memories frozen
My darling I love you
My girl you’re the only one

In time and space
You will be gone
Far from my sight
My angel you’re the only one

Alas! The time has come to say goodbye
Good bye my lover
My heart is broke and dreams stolen
My darling to me you’re golden

7 comments:

Kapila Pande said...

did someone break ur heart? there's alota pain pouring out of this poem...sometimes it helps to just be friends and not lovers..it hurts less. but every mistake leads to a new lesson learnt isnt it?

Vishwas said...

@Kapila

I wouldn't like to use an accusatory tone while saying someone broke my heart. Its unfair to say that. Although I have!lol well friends or lovers, the pain will be there only the intensity might vary!
.."flames to dust, lovers to friends, why do all good things come to an end.." croons nelly furtardo!!!

tropical seagull said...

dude.. u're like a twig unfurling to the rain man. good stuff. wow. cant believe u've brought beauty into it..

Vishwas said...

@sharath,
To you I might seem like like a twig unfurling to the rain, but to some others I come off as Heath ledger or Kurt Cobain!!!!

Wife Anew said...

our very own Heath Ledger here ye here ye :) that was amazing! BTW I was trying to hide my identity on my Blog :P

Ketan said...

Just too good! Your best work of all that I've seen up till now.

Well, I'm adding your blog to my blog's 'I recommend' list, but then that puts additional responsibility on you to blog more frequently :)

TC.

Vishwas said...

Gee thanks mate! Yeah I'll try to fit in time to update my blog frequently!